OMG, scary right?! I’m definitely proud of how far I’ve come in my life, but I always want to be better and I don’t think there’s any shame in that. So, thanks to the motivation of some great blogger friends, DayZeroProject.com, and my fabulous YouTube community. I’ve decided to make my own young bucket list. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m proud to reveal to you my:
101 Things to Do in 1001 Days: Countdown to Age 30
I’m very excited about this and I really hope I can accomplish a lot of these things. You never know how much time you have and I know I need to take advantage of the best years I have available to me: the present. I hope you’ll be inspired to make your own list, and if you do definitely check out Day Zero Project for a ton of great ideas. This site has been instrumental in my inspiration and I will be sharing my progress with that community as well here.
Alright. We better get started!
1. Revive Schmittastic blog to publish this journey You’re lookin’ at it! Follow along here.
2. Make a video of my 101 in 1001 list to influence someone else to make their own list Check it out below or on YouTube!
3. Attend 3 concerts Complete! Check out footage of Santigold and Crystal Castles. Also saw Pink!
4. See a Shakespeare play Complete! Julius Caesar FTW!
5. See the Northern Lights
6. See an event at Madison Square Garden
7. Attend a televised award show
8. Publish my first book
9. File an official LLC for my business Complete! Introducing Vlog Boss Studios.
10. Run a top resource website for digital public relations and content creation Complete! My work at Savvy Sexy Social is everything I’ve wanted and more!
11. Hire my first employee Complete!
12. Get a Macbook Complete! I love my Macbook Air!
13. Get a monitor (or two) for my office Complete!
14. Redesign Savvy Sexy Social Complete!
15. Organize a small networking group of digital marketing professionals in Columbus
16. Grow a plant from a seed
17. Get a hobby
18. Decorate the house with 10 different DIY projects
19. Take a piano lesson
20. Take an art class Complete!
21. Visit, check in, and review 100 new places on Yelp
I Wanna Go:
22. Get my first stamp on my passport Complete! First stamp from Heathrow Airport in London!
23. Visit Hocking Hills
24. Visit 15 new states
25. Visit Chicago
26. Visit the Downtown Project in Las Vegas
27. Stay at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Complete!
28. Work for a day in a co-working space in NY or SF Complete!
29. Visit Kennewick, WA to see the famous Wall of Slurpee at 7/11
30. Visit a lighthouse
31. Visit London Complete! Speaking at Mozilla Festival and visiting friends and fam!
32. Visit Paris
33. Visit Rome
34. Visit Barcelona
35. Visit Dublin
36. Visit Prague
37. Visit Belgium
38. Take a one-month hiatus from home in another city
39. Take a romantic walk on the beach
40. Take advantage of a last minute vacation deal on TravelZoo
I <3 Movies:
41. Finish watching every movie that won an Academy Award for Best Picture
42. Go to the movies once a month
43. Watch every movie starring Marilyn Monroe
45. Get the opportunity as a personality outside of YouTube with a traditional video production outlet Complete! I’m in the movies :p
46. Sing a cover song on YouTube Complete! OMG Mariah and Gary. What a combo.
47. Be a guest on another YouTube channel Complete! Thanks Austin!
48. Make my first music video Complete! Not the way I thought it would happen but there it is!
61. Donate blood and find out my blood type
62. Do 100 Pushups
63. Do 200 Squats
64. Do 200 Situps
66. Do a full body detox
68. Lose another 5 pounds
70. Tip someone 100%
71. Give a micro-loan with Kiva
72. Pay for the person behind me in the drive-thru
73. Don’t complain about anything for a week straight
74. Sponsor a child
76. (including professional clothes to Dress for Success)
77. Start a fashion blog Complete! Introducing BrittanyQuinn.com!
78. Catalog my wardrobe with iPhone apps
79. Attend an event of New York Fashion Week
80. Buy Tory Burch flats
81. Complete Rosetta Stone Latin American Spanish courses
82. Read 101 books
83. Learn how to say ‘I love you’ in 10 different languages
85. Attend a book reading
86. Learn how to say ‘Hello’ in 10 different languages
88. Make a list of 101 quotes that inspire me
89. Go snowshoeing
90. Write a list of 101 things I’ve already achieved
91. Watch the sun rise and set in the same day
92. Complete the Project 365 Photo Challenge FAIL!
93. Document a day in my life in photographs Complete! Check out my photo journal.
94. Complete the 30 Day Song Challenge
95. Take a photo with a real celebrity (non-reality show or YouTube) and have a normal-ass conversation with them
96. Finish writing another 101 things list to complete after this list
97. Allow myself to accept change with age and be able to swap out up to 10 items on this list
98. Allow myself to accept failure and put away $5 for every task I do not complete
99. Write a letter to my future self to be opened on my 30th birthday
100. Read ‘Thirty Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know By The Time She’s 30′
101. Host a big 30th birthday bash to celebrate myself